Re: PL/pgSQL 1.2

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 1.2
Дата
Re: PL/pgSQL 1.2  (Oskari Saarenmaa <os@ohmu.fi>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/06/2014 04:21 AM, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:

> We wrap these things into (sometimes) simple-looking function so that
> none of the application developers ever run any SQL.  We define an
> interface between the application and the database, and that interface
> is implemented using PL/PgSQL functions.  Sure, sometimes one function
> will just fire off a single UPDATE .. RETURNING, or a SELECT, but that
> doesn't matter.  The trick is to be consistent everywhere.

There is precisely your root problem. Instead of educating your
application developers on how to properly use a relational database
system, you try to make it foolproof.

Guess what, the second you made something foolproof, evolution will
create a dumber fool. This is a race you cannot win.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Wieck