Re: pgcrypto: PGP signatures

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: pgcrypto: PGP signatures
Дата
Re: pgcrypto: PGP signatures  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I've updated the patch with a number of changes:
   1) I've documented the current limitations of signatures
   2) I've expanded section F.25.3 to add information about signatures
(though I'm not sure why this part is in the user-facing documentation
in the first place).
   3) I've changed the code to use ntohl() and pg_time_t as per Thomas'
comments.
   4) I've changed the code to consistently use "while (1)" instead of
"for (;;)" (except for the math library, but I didn't touch that at all)

I've also changed the behaviour when passing a message with a signature
to the decrypt functions which don't verify signatures.  They now report
"ERROR:  Wrong key or corrupt data" instead of decrypting and silently
ignoring the signature.  The behaviour is now backwards compatible, but
I see two ways we could possibly possibly improve this:
   1) Produce a better error message (I'm sure most people don't know
about the hidden debug=1 setting)
   2) Provide an option to ignore the signature if decrypting the data
is desirable even if the signature can't be verified

Any thoughts, comments appreciated.

.marko

Вложения