Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Álvaro Hernández Tortosa
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/09/14 15:24, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 09/02/2014 04:01 PM, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:
>
>>      It's not copying. It's easying a path for others to migrate and
>> come to Postgres.
>>
>>      I'm interested why you are more interested in MSSQL. My reasons for
>> being interested in Oracle are:
>>
>> - It has more users (biggest and above all, the main reason: we could
>> attract more)
>> - Postgres is perceived as "similar" to Oracle (so migration is likely
>> to be easier)
>>
>>      That's all I want. Grow postgres userbase, attracting Oracle
>> users :)
>
> I find that we have more opportunity to replace MSSQL than Oracle.
> Obviously it depends on a lot of things but my goal is as yours, just
> with a different database.

    Honestly, I don't care whether MSSQL or Oracle. What I want is to
attract more users, get Postgres out of where it is and appeal even more
users. With that regard, Oracle or MSSQL doesn't matter to me.
    That's why if you have some time, I'd love to listen to why do you
think there is more opportunity to replace MSSQL. We may continue that
privately as is a little bit off-topic.
    Thanks!
    Álvaro