Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Re: PL/pgSQL 2  (Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/02/2014 06:56 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> People are free to do what they want, but to my mind that would be a
> massive waste of resources, and probably imposing a substantial extra
> maintenance burden on the core committers.

I hear you and agree to some degree.

But at the same time I remember that one of the strengths of Postgres
used to be to be able to incorporate "new" ideas.

This seems to be one of those cases.

Instead of "fork" plpgsql2, what about designing a completely new
PL/postgres from scratch? It will only take 3-10 years, but I bet it
will be worth it after all. And I mean that. No sarcasm.

Jan

--
Jan Wieck
Senior Software Engineer