Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Re: PL/pgSQL 2  (Joel Jacobson <joel@trustly.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/01/2014 02:04 AM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> Please share your wish list of things you would want in plpgsql2 which
> are not possible to implement in plpgsql because they could possibly
> break compatibility.

Well, if I were designing a new procedural SQL extension language, I
wouldn't base it on the bastard child of ADA and SQL89.  I would come up
with something new.  One of the critical features such a new language
would have would be the ability to dynamically generate queries
*without* using string manipulation and EXECUTE.

Otherwise, improvements to PL/pgSQL amount to the proverbial porcine
makeover.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.