Re: copymanager question

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: copymanager question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/02/2014 01:28 AM, swaroop wrote:

> Thanks for getting back.
>
> So just to confirm if a string value , we need to take care off it ourselves
> by escaping
> any special character and quote (single, double) ? I am not exactly sure off
> the escaping part
> for each of the characters - have read that for single quotes, we need to
> add one more single
> quote to escape . Is this true ? Please can you confirm this and
> specifically for any other character.
>
> basically i want to ensure that if i get a string say abc'd"e\fgh/" or
> something which has characters
> i need to escape, i need to be aware off which are those characters for
> which copy command
> can consider it as invalid CSV.

A good place to start is:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-copy.html

CSV Format

"....
The values in each record are separated by the DELIMITER character. If
the value contains the delimiter character, the QUOTE character, the
NULL string, a carriage return, or line feed character, then the whole
value is prefixed and suffixed by the QUOTE character, and any
occurrence within the value of a QUOTE character or the ESCAPE character
is preceded by the escape character. You can also use FORCE_QUOTE to
force quotes when outputting non-NULL values in specific columns. ..."

There is more, so I would read the whole section.