Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/2/14 5:08 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
>>>
>>> In that case FOUND works just fine.  A primary key value can't have
>>> more than one matching row.
>>
>> No, but your code can have a bug.
>
> So the main use case is to allow buggy functions which are deployed
> to production without adequate testing to be detected?  Bugs like
> not getting the primary key column(s) right?

The main use case is making it more clear *during testing* that the code
is broken.  It doesn't hurt that it would also not trash your data if
someone deployed bad code into production, but I think it's more
important to have good tools for testing your code.

> I think it would be
> great to have some way to generate an error if a given statement
> doesn't affect exactly one row, but the above is a pretty weak
> argument for making it a default behavior.

Perhaps.

.marko

Сообщение: Re: postgresql latency & bgwriter not doing its job
Сообщение: Re: postgresql latency & bgwriter not doing its job