Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/02/2014 11:52 AM, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:

On 02/09/14 11:44, Pavel Stehule wrote:

    For 9.4, we have the media already saying "Postgres has NoSQL capabilities" (which is only partially true). For x.y we could have the media saying "Postgres adds Oracle compatibility" (which would be only partially true). But that brings a lot of users to postgres, and that helps us all.

Partial true can enforce so lot of people will hate postgres too. False promises are wrong

    Then let's stop talking about postgres being NoSQL. NoSQL is basically "schema-less" (really bad name) plus "infinite scalability" (which basically means transparent sharding). We fail to provide the latter very clearly...
Have you ever tried any of the "real" NoSQL products version of "infinite scalability" ?

We are no worse than most if you use just the unstructured part (which is what the NoSQL crowd provides) and something like pl/proxy for scaling.

Cheers
--
Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant