Re: Re: Timezone difference between Oracle SYSDATE and PostgreSQL timestamp functions

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Re: Timezone difference between Oracle SYSDATE and PostgreSQL timestamp functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/31/2014 09:22 PM, Vinayak wrote:
> Thank you for reply.
>
> The time return by SYSDATE depends on the OS timezone setting while in
> PostgreSQL we can set the timezone using 'set time zone..' statement so here
> timezone setting depends on DBMS but I think there are not so many systems
> that use different timezone settings between DBMS and OS.

I would say that needs clarification. If you have a database running on
a server and getting its timezone from the server OS and multiple
clients running across many timezones each with a different OS timezone,
then the above is not strictly true. So, exactly which machine OS are
you talking about?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com