Re: Expected behaviour of \d in regexp with exponent numbers ?

От Arnaud Lesauvage
Тема Re: Expected behaviour of \d in regexp with exponent numbers ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 1/09/2014 17:39, Tom Lane a écrit :
> Arnaud Lesauvage <arnaud.listes@codata.eu> writes:
>> I just came accross this trying to upgrade my server from 8.4.8 to 9.3.4 :
>
>> SELECT substring('²' FROM E'\\d');
>
>> 8.4 : NULL
>> 9.3 : "²"
>
>> Am I correct to expect NULL in this case ?
>
> Not necessarily.  \d will match any character that iswdigit() returns true
> for.  It looks like your new server is using a locale that considers "²"
> to be a digit.

Since both PostgreSQL servers run on the same computer, can I assume
that this is a collation problem ?

I tried to create a test table with different collations, but locale
names are a headache on windows, so I gave up for today. I will give it
another try tomorrow.

--
Arnaud