Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/01/2014 05:04 PM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> Just like with plpgsql, once released, plpgsql2 cannot break
> compatibility with future versions, so we only have one chance to
> carefully think though what we would like to change in the language.

You're not proposing to copy plpgsql's runtime though, right? Just add
conditional paths where v1 and v2 differ.

Personally I'd rather look at adding language version pragmas or a new
function attribute, but that's mostly bikeshedding.

> From the top of my head, these are Things I personally would want to see
> in plpgsql2:

- Accept RECORD input, dynamic access to fields of records without resorting to hstore hacks. This is certainly my #1.