Re: Event-driven programming?

От Jay Dickon Glanville
Тема Re: Event-driven programming?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/12/07, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:36:22PM -0400, Jay Dickon Glanville wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > Is it possible for PostgreSQL to notify me of a successful transaction commit?
>
> There is the LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism. It's not automatic but I think it
> does most of what oyu want.

Thanks for the suggestion Martijn, but I get the impression from the
documentation that LISTEN/NOTIFY is for client to client
communication.  This type of communication isn't what I'm looking for.
 I want server to client communication, where the server is notifying
me on successful commit of transaction.

Thanks again.

JDG