Re: pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 / Pg - patch for PQescapeString

От patrick keshishian
Тема Re: pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 / Pg - patch for PQescapeString
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi Greg,

On 4/4/06, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, you don't tell us exactly which module you mean.
> There is the very actively maintained DBD::Pg module, and the
> somewhat maintained DBD::PgPP module. There are also some
> other older ones still floating around with a "Pg" in the name
> - - the fact that you found Edmund Mergl's name suggests that
> whatever you have, it is probably very old.

My bad.  I should've included the link on CPAN (as you did):
   http://search.cpan.org/~mergl/pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/

And yes, it apparently is very old as it is dated '04 Apr 2000'.

The module just worked for my needs, so I started using it.
It only lacked access to PQescapeString or similar. Hence,
the patch.

> DBD::Pg can be found here:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~dbdpg/
>
> It has its own quoting of variables through the $dbh->quote()
> method. If you are trying to connect to Postgres via Perl,
> this is probably your best bet. Hope that helps.

Might look at this module as my needs grow.

Thanks,
--patrick