Re: PG 9.1 much slower than 8.2 ?

От Marc Richter
Тема Re: PG 9.1 much slower than 8.2 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
This is not what I'm doing here: I stoped PostgreSQL 9.1, uninstalled it
and removed it's data folder at /var/lib/postgresql/9.1 completely.
Now it is completely empty.

Also, just trying to run "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/bin/pg_ctl" without
any parameters normally prints a usage overview like the following:

root@prod-cl3:/etc/postgresql# /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/pg_ctl
pg_ctl: cannot be run as root
Please log in (using, e.g., "su") as the (unprivileged) user that will
own the server process.
root@prod-cl3:/etc/postgresql#

The data stor isn't involved in this yet. instead I get this "symbol
lookup error: undefined symbol: PQping".

I tried to purge all packages from the PGDG Repo and tried to reinstall
9.1 from Debian repo. Now I get the same issue with these Packages, too.

*sigh* ... I'm taking the "Restart from scratch" - road now, focusing in
the initial performance-issue this time :/