Re: ssl tunneling in postgres 8.1

От Obe, Regina
Тема Re: ssl tunneling in postgres 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

> OK, agreed, it is not wrong, but it is certainly not transparent
> either. If I understand the things now, the documentation as is  (-L
> 3333:foo.com:5432) works as long as

> Precisely, that is the configuration: " listen_addresses = 'localhost'
> ".... In which case, " -L 3333:localhost:5432 " has to be used.
> Shouldn't this be mentioned in the documentation? This whole thing is
>  not trivial!!!

Sorry for the misinformation guys.
Thanks all for the clarification.  That works for me too.  I have corrected my journal entry.

Anyrate I agree that the localhost localhost thing is not an obvious thing and should be documented.  I mean that's the common reason I use tunneling so I can have my server only listen on localhost.

Thanks,
Regina

The substance of this message, including any attachments, may be confidential, legally privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts law. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Help make the earth a greener place. If at all possible resist printing this email and join us in saving paper.

Сообщение: Re: ssl tunneling in postgres 8.1
Сообщение: Re: ssl tunneling in postgres 8.1