Re: pgAgent on workstation/client

От Obe, Regina
Тема Re: pgAgent on workstation/client
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I think the docs are kind of confusing.

1) You should install pgagent in the database which is marked as the maintenance db.  This is usually the database called postgres.
2) Then set the service to use that db.
4) Once you refresh your PgAdmin III or exit and come back in - you should see a section called Jobs ()..  Note this does not appear inside any specific database - it usually appears after Databases and Tablespaces.

Hope that helps,
Regina

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Milan Cirovic
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 7:10 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] pgAgent on workstation/client

Hi,

I am using *.bat file for database backup on client/workstation. I run bat file from the same client machine manually. Contents of file are:
-----
cd C:\"Program Files"\"pgAdmin III"\1.8\
pg_dump -h host -U postgres -f "D:\dbackup\%date%.sql" dbasename
-----

Now, I want to automate process with pgAgent if possible. I have installed pgAgent from pgAdminIII running sql script as it is stated on http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.4/pgagent-install.html.

From command line, service is created: C:\"Program Files"\"pgAdmin III">pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent hostaddr= hos.tad.dre.ss dbname=dbasename user=postgres

Service is running.

Now, following online installation there should be jobs when I connect to database in which pgAgent is installed, but there are none. PgAgent is just in catalogs, no changes in schemas tree.

I did something wrong, or I should create jobs manually?

Regards

The substance of this message, including any attachments, may be confidential, legally privileged and/or exempt from disclosure pursuant to Massachusetts law. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Help make the earth a greener place. If at all possible resist printing this email and join us in saving paper.