Re: autocommit (true/false) for more than 1 million records

От Emi Lu
Тема Re: autocommit (true/false) for more than 1 million records
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> *
>> Trying to insert into one table with 1 million records through java
>> JDBC into psql8.3. May I know (1) or (2) is better please?
>>
>> (1) set autocommit(true)
>> (2) set autocommit(false)
>>       commit every n records (e.g., 100, 500, 1000, etc)
> It depends on what you need.
>
> Data will be available to concurrent processes earlier with (1), while
> (2) will go faster.
No need to worry about the lock/loosing records because after data
suggest commit every 1000 or 3000 records?

Thanks a lot!
Emi

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: autocommit (true/false) for more than 1 million records
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: autocommit (true/false) for more than 1 million records