Re: WIP Patch for GROUPING SETS phase 1

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: WIP Patch for GROUPING SETS phase 1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/13/2014 09:43 PM, Atri Sharma wrote:
> Sorry, forgot to attach the patch for fixing cube in contrib, which breaks
> since we now reserve "cube" keyword. Please find attached the same.

Ugh, that will make everyone using the cube extension unhappy. After
this patch, they will have to quote contrib's cube type and functions
every time.

I think we should bite the bullet and rename the extension, and its
"cube" type and functions. For an application, having to suddenly quote
it has the same effect as renaming it; you'll have to find all the
callers and change them. And in the long-run, it's clearly better to
have an unambiguous name.

- Heikki