Re: Sample archive_command is still problematic

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Sample archive_command is still problematic
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 08/18/2014 10:31 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> 2) One reason users are using the "test -f" version of the archive
>> command is that we put it in the same postgresql.conf.  I would suggest
>> that we don't put *any* archive command in the sample postgresql.conf,
>> since there is no command we can supply which isn't a potential foot-gun.
>
> If you want to remove the last line of this:
>
> #archive_command = ''        # command to use to archive a logfile segment
>                 # placeholders: %p = path of file to archive
>                 #               %f = file name only
>                 # e.g. 'test ! -f /mnt/server/archivedir/%f && cp %p /mnt/server/archivedir/%f'
>
> I'm okay with that.  But if you want to remove the sample command from the
> SGML docs I'm going to push back a bit harder...

Well, if we want a sample command in the docs, then we should actually
give a few different sample commands and even a sample shell script.  If
we give the users several alternatives, maybe they'll actually think
about it instead of just C&P.

Make sense?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Sample archive_command is still problematic
Сообщение: Re: Sample archive_command is still problematic