Re: function call

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: function call
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 08/05/2014 04:28 AM, Marcin Krawczyk wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a SET returning function (defined as RETURNS TABLE), it takes 2
> parameters and always returns one row with 3 columns. Now when I run it
> from pgAdmin it takes around 5 seconds but when I run it from the
> application its around 3 minutes (same parameters of course). It shows
> up in the postgres' status server and odbc log right away so I believe
> the applications has nothing to do with it. Where should I start looking ?

More information would be helpful.

For now I am guessing in your application you are using ODBC to connect
to the server, correct? This is an additional step not found in the
pgAdmin route which may be a clue.

More questions:

1) What does the function do?

2) Where are the database and pgAdmin and the application in relation to
each other? In other words are they on the same machine or are they
going across a network?

3) What is the application?

--
Adrian Klaver