Re: PL/PgSQL: EXIT USING ROLLBACK

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: PL/PgSQL: EXIT USING ROLLBACK
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/28/14 11:27 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 26 July 2014 18:14, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
>
>> Today I'd like to present a way to get rid of code like this:
>
> You haven't explained this very well... there is nothing that explains
> WHY you want this.
>
> In the absence of a good explanation and a viable benefit, I would
> vote -1 for this feature suggestion.

Yes, I did a poor job in the original email, but I did explain my
reasoning later:
> Yes, you can already do this with RAISE but that seems more like an> accident than anything else.  I feel a dedicated
syntaxis less error> prone and makes the intent clearer to people reading the code.  But I> realize I might be in the
minoritywith this.

I guess -3, +0 is enough that I'll be dropping the patch.  Thanks to
everyone who had a look.

.marko

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: PL/PgSQL: EXIT USING ROLLBACK
От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: Use unique index for longer pathkeys.