Re: [TODO] Process pg_hba.conf keywords as case-insensitive

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: [TODO] Process pg_hba.conf keywords as case-insensitive
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18/07/14 04:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> writes:
>> One place that's been bugging me where case-insensitivity would really
>> make sense is this:
>> # set work_mem = '1mb';
>> ERROR:  22023: invalid value for parameter "work_mem": "1mb"
>> HINT:  Valid units for this parameter are "kB", "MB", and "GB".
> Yeah ... there was some pedantry about how "kB" and "KB" mean different
> things.  IMO that's mere pedantry, but ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

But kb & kB do mean different things: kilobits vs kilobytes! :-)
(Network throughput seems to be always in bits per second - my broadband
download is quoted at 100Mb/s, whereas I get 12MB/s download at best.)

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: gaussian distribution pgbench
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Set new system identifier using pg_resetxlog