Re: 60 core performance with 9.3

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: 60 core performance with 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 12/07/14 01:19, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> It might be worth a test using a cpuset to interleave OS cache and
> the NUMA patch I submitted to the current CF to see whether this is
> getting into territory where the patch makes a bigger difference.
> I would expect it to do much better than using numactl --interleave
> because work_mem and other process-local memory would be allocated
> in "near" memory for each process.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1402267501.41111.YahooMailNeo@web122304.mail.ne1.yahoo.com

Thanks Kevin - I did try this out - seemed slightly better than using
--interleave, but almost identical to the results posted previously.

However looking at my postgres binary with ldd, I'm not seeing any link
to libnuma (despite it demanding the library whilst building), so I
wonder if my package build has somehow vanilla-ified the result :-(

Also I am guessing that with 60 cores I do:

$ sudo /bin/bash -c "echo 0-59 >/dev/cpuset/postgres/cpus"

i.e cpus are cores not packages...? If I've stuffed it up I'll redo!

Cheers

Mark