Re: Minmax indexes

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Minmax indexes
Дата
Re: Minmax indexes  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/10/2014 12:20 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> So I guess the only thing left is to issue a NOTICE when said alter
>> > takes place (I don't see that on the patch, but maybe it's there?)
> That's not in the patch.  I don't think we have an appropriate place to
> emit such a notice.

What do you mean by "don't have an appropriate place"?

The suggestion is that when a user does:

ALTER INDEX foo_minmax SET PAGES_PER_RANGE=100

they should get a NOTICE:

"NOTICE: changes to pages per range will not take effect until the index
is REINDEXed"

otherwise, we're going to get a lot of "I Altered the pages per range,
but performance didn't change" emails.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered
Сообщение: Re: Pg_upgrade and toast tables bug discovered