Re: postgresql.auto.conf and reload

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: postgresql.auto.conf and reload
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/06/2014 01:27 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Another could be that during initdb all the uncommented settings be
>> written to postgresql.auto.conf file rather than to postgresql.conf.
>> I think we can do this by changing code in initdb.c->setup_config().
>> This will ensure that unless user is changing settings in a mixed way
>> (some by Alter System and some manually by editing postgresql.conf),
>> there will no such problem.

There is no reasonable way for us to prevent issues for users who are
manually changing both pg.conf and pg.auto.conf.  Users should stick to
one or the other method of management (or, thirdly, using conf.d); if
they mix methods, we can't prevent confusion at restart time and we
shouldn't try.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.