Re: Index Skip Scan

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Index Skip Scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On August 16, 2018 8:28:45 PM GMT+02:00, Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:
>One thing to consider is the pluggable storage patch, which is a lot
>more important than this patch. I don't want this patch to get in the
>way of that work, so it may have to wait a bit in order to see any new
>potential requirements.

I don't think this would be a meaningful, relative to the size of the patch sets, amount of conflict between the two. So I don't think we have to consider relative importance (which I don't think is that easy to assess in this case).

Fwiw, I've a significantly further revised version of the tableam patch that I plan to send in a few days. Ported the current zheap patch as a separate AM which helped weed out a lot of issues.

Andres

Andres