Re: BUG #10836: Rule with RETURNING claims incorrect type

От Matthias Raffelsieper
Тема Re: BUG #10836: Rule with RETURNING claims incorrect type
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 7/2/14 3:51 PM, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
> On 7/2/14 3:05 PM, hoschiraffel@freenet.de wrote:
>> [...]
>
> You're actually only returning a single column.  RETURNING (id, info) is
> the same as  RETURNING ROW(id, info), which is very different from
> RETURNING id, info.  See
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/rowtypes.html, for example.
>
> Note that this behaviour is the same as in SELECT lists;  SELECT (id,
> info) FROM foobar;  will also only give you a single column.

Hello Marko.

Thanks for the explanation and sorry for not spotting my mistake. Please
close this bug as invalid.

It would however have helped if I had gotten back the expected type and
the actually provided type; even in verbose mode this was not supplied.
Would this be possible, or is there already a configuration option to
enable this?

Cheers,
Matt