Re: inherit support for foreign tables

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: inherit support for foreign tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2014/06/30 20:17), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Etsuro Fujita
> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp <mailto:fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>> wrote:

>     (2014/06/30 17:47), Ashutosh Bapat wrote:

>         BTW, why aren't you using the tlist passed to this function? I guess
>         create_scan_plan() passes tlist after processing it, so that
>         should be
>         used rather than rel->reltargetlist.

>     I think that that would be maybe OK, but I think that it would not
>     be efficient to use the list to compute attrs_used, because the
>     tlist would have more information than rel->reltargetlist in cases
>     where the tlist is build through build_physical_tlist().

> In that case, we can call build_relation_tlist() for foreign tables.

Do you mean build_physical_tlist()?

Yeah, we can call build_physical_tlist() (and do that in some cases),
but if we call the function, it would generate a tlist that contains all
Vars in the relation, not only those Vars actually needed by the query
(ie, Vars in reltargetlist), and thus it would take more cycles to
compute attr_used from the tlist than from reltargetlist.  That' what I
wanted to say.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita