Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD

От Dave McGuire
Тема Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD  (Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/29/2014 03:10 PM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> And it also runs on the 11/780 which can have multiple CPUs... but I've
> never seen support for using more than one CPU (and the NetBSD page
> still says "NetBSD/vax can only make use of one CPU on multi-CPU
> machines").  If that has changed, I'd love to hear about it.  Support
> for my VAX 6000 would also be nice...
 It changed well over a decade ago, if memory serves.  The specific
work was done on a VAX-8300 or -8350.  I'm pretty sure the 11/780's
specific flavor of SMP is not supported.  (though I do have a pair of
11/785s here...wanna come hack? ;))
              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3
New Kensington, PA

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: TODO : Allow parallel cores to be used by vacuumdb [ WIP ]
От: Dave McGuire
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD