Re: New mailing list?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: New mailing list?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 06/25/2014 08:35 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>> What Josh is talking about is USERS not HACKERS. The docker packaging is a
>> perfect example. If I were a docker hacker that was trying to work with
>> PostgreSQL, I would have exactly -100 desire to join any current list on
>> PostgreSQL. It isn't relevant. I am trying to solve a very specific problem.
>> I don't want the noise of -hackers or -general.
>>
>> However, the problem I am trying to solve would be continual as versions
>> change etc. Therefore I would want a dedicate place to work through the
>> issue. It may not be very active, but I want the resource there. It has
>> context and purpose.
>>
>> Why in all that is holy and great in this eternal universe of Open Source
>> zealotry would I want to sign up for -hackers to solve that problem? I am
>> not looking to re-enter the garden of eden, I am just trying to sow my patch
>> of land.
>
> I don't think anyone is objecting to the docker list.

Then the bdr-users list should be fine as well. The difference being of
course that the feature may one day get into core. That doesn't obsolete
the list (although it could), it may actually enforce a greater need for
it. It is a rather specific use case feature.

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc