Re: Possible index issue on 9.5 slave

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Possible index issue on 9.5 slave
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 19/06/14 12:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> Interesting, I'll take a look later.
>
>> I'm pretty suspicious of incompatibilities that may exist between the
>> two sets of OS collations involved here. We aren't very clear on the
>> extent to which what you're doing is supported, but it's certainly the
>> case that bttextcmp()/varstr_cmp()/strcoll() return values must be
>> immutable between the two systems.
>
> Oooh, I'll bet that's exactly it.  Is the database using UTF8 encoding and
> a non-C locale?

Yup, that is indeed the case.
> It's well known that OS X's UTF8 locales sort nothing at
> all like the supposedly equivalent locales on other systems.

True, that. A different sort order wouldn't have surprised me,
but the failure to return an extant row had me thinking there
was something awry with the laptop causing file corruption (it's
getting on in years and has been bashed about a bit).

Regards

Ian Barwick

--  Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/ PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services