Re: [HACKERS] alter server for foreign table

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] alter server for foreign table
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] alter server for foreign table  (konstantin knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru>)
Re: [HACKERS] alter server for foreign table  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 09/30/2017 05:14 AM, Derry Hamilton wrote:
> Just to say, yes, this would be handy. I've been using a variant of
> that hack on reporting servers, while migrating systems from
> proprietary databases.  It behaves quite gracefully when there are
> incompatible options, and it fixes up properly with DROPs as the first
> options.

I assume the proposal is to allow changing to a different server using
the same FDW. I can see all sorts of odd things happening if we allow
changing to a server of a different FDW.

cheers

andrew