Re: [GENERAL] startup process stuck in recovery

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] startup process stuck in recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 11 October 2017 at 08:09, Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
>> While it's certainly true that this was an extreme case, it was a real-life production situation.  The concern here
isthat in the actual production situation, the only symptom was that the startup process just stopped.  There were no
logmessages or any other indication of what was going wrong.

> Which indicates it was making progress, just slowly.

> Tom says "This is pretty easy to diagnose though
> because it spews "out of shared memory" WARNING messages to the
> postmaster log at an astonishing rate"

> These don't seem to match.

Yeah.  I'm still suspicious that Christophe saw some other misbehavior
than the one I found.  We know his server was dealing with < 10K locks,
which doesn't seem like enough to cause any obvious problem from a mere
O(N^2) behavior.