Re: uuid-ossp (Re: [pgsql-packagers] Postgresapp 9.4 beta build ready)

От Matteo Beccati
Тема Re: uuid-ossp (Re: [pgsql-packagers] Postgresapp 9.4 beta build ready)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23/05/2014 10:05, Matteo Beccati wrote:
> You can find the code here:
> https://github.com/mbeccati/uuid # NetBSD variant
> https://github.com/mbeccati/uuid/tree/linux # Ubuntu variant
>
> For now, I've forked just RhodiumToad's uuid-freebsd extension, but I've
> made sure make works fine when cloned in the contrib folder.
>
> * Both the variants use a copy of pgcrypto md5/sha1 implementations to
> generate v3 and v5 UUIDs as porting is much easier than trying to use
> the system provided ones, if any.
> * I've fixed a bug in v3/v5 generation wrt endianness as the results I
> was getting didn't match the RFC.
> * The code is PoC quality and I haven't touched the docs/readme yet.

And here's my last effort w/ autoconf support:

https://github.com/mbeccati/postgres/compare/postgres:master...master

It's surely far from perfect, but maybe closer to something that can be
considered as a replacement for OSSP.

Especially I'm not that happy about the #ifdefs cluttering the code and
AC_SEARCH_LIB putting libuuid in $LIBS. Any suggestion?

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/