Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files

От Federico Di Gregorio
Тема Re: GNU GPL license in some of the source files
Дата
Список psycopg
On 20/05/14 02:21, Chris Mildebrandt wrote:
> I just downloaded the source for 2.5.3
> (http://initd.org/psycopg/tarballs/PSYCOPG-2-5/psycopg2-2.5.3.tar.gz)
> and looked through the sources. The following files seem to be under a
> GPL license:
>
> examples/copy_from.py
> examples/lobject.py
> examples/copy_to.py
> scripts/buildtypes.py
> scripts/make_errorcodes.py
> scripts/refcounter.py
>
> And there's a copy of the GNU GPL:
> doc/COPYING
>
> We're very sensitive to GPL code here and would appreciate some
> clarification about these files. Was this just an oversight? And is
> there a plan to provide a source release without GPL code in the package?

I don't remember about scripts/refcounter.py and
scripts/make_errorcodes.py, but I am the original author of the other
files and they are supposed to be under the same license as the rest of
psycopg2 code.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it