Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied
Дата
Ответ на Re: pg_basebackup: could not get transaction log end position from server: FATAL: could not open file "./pg_hba.conf~": Permission denied  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/16/2014 09:20 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com
> <mailto:jd@commandprompt.com>> wrote:
>
>     At a minimum:
>
>     Check to see if there is going to be a permission error BEFORE the
>     base backup begins:
>
>     starting basebackup:
>        checking perms: ERROR no access to pg_hba.conf~ base backup will fail
>

> That's pretty much what it does if you enable progress meter. I realize
> you don't necessarily want that one, but we could have a switch that
> still tells the server to measure the size, but not actually print the
> output? While it costs a bit of overhead to do that, that's certainly
> something that's a lot more safe than ignoring errors.

That seems reasonable.

JD

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: chr() is still too loose about UTF8 code points
Сообщение: Re: chr() is still too loose about UTF8 code points