Re: psqlODBC text length with no records

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: psqlODBC text length with no records
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 05/15/2014 05:30 AM, Barry Bell wrote:
> Parse statement(C0 in the connection string) has no effect on this.
>
>> With theB0(Max varchar)=254 setting, Postgres for lengths=0 or null returns a "Memo"
>>     In vfp, when displayed to the user in a grid, "Memo" is shown in
>> the field instead of the value
>
> Any other settings that may help?

I would say not, mainly because I suspect that since changing settings
has not changed anything, this is not a driver issue. There is the
possibility that the driver and out and out bug, but lack of any other
reports would seem to indicate otherwise. Right now what we know is that
you push SQL on one end and you get a change in a GUI widget on the
other. Testing has shown Postgres is consistent in what it returns from
initcap (which is the function at issue). Tweaking the psql ODBC has
shown no effect. The data is then taken up by a GUI which exhibits
different behavior depending on the SQL output. What we have not seen so
far is the actual output from the ODBC driver before VFP gets it, in
order to nail down where the type changes.

So have had a chance to run with ODBC logging enabled to capture the
driver output?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com