Re: Bug #528: Core dump on OpenBSD 2.7 using postgresql 7.1.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #528: Core dump on OpenBSD 2.7 using postgresql 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1
> Bad system call (core dumped)

> initdb failed.

FAQ item 3.2 says:

    3.2) When I start the postmaster, I get a Bad System Call or core dumped
    message. Why?

   It could be a variety of problems, but first check to see that you
   have System V extensions installed in your kernel. PostgreSQL requires
   kernel support for shared memory and semaphores.

If that's not it, you could probe further by building with debug support
and then using a debugger to see where the initdb run dumps core.