Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: popen and pclose redefinitions causing many warning in Windows build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/08/2014 08:01 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since commit a692ee5, code compilation on windows is full of warnings
> caused by the re-definitions of popen and pclose:
> In file included from ../../../src/include/c.h:1028:0,
>                   from ../../../src/include/postgres.h:47,
>                   from analyze.c:25:
> ../../../src/include/port.h:312:0: warning: "popen" redefined [enabled
> by default]

Hmm. Does the MinGW version of popen() and system() do the quoting for
you? If we just #ifdef the defines, then we will not use the wrappers on
MinGW, which would be wrong if the quoting is needed there. If it's not
needed, then we shouldn't be compiling the wrapper functions in the
first place.

- Heikki