Re: 9.4 release notes

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/04/2014 03:46 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have completed the initial version of the 9.4 release notes.

Thanks!

> You can view them here:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-4.html
>
> I will be adding additional markup in the next few days.
>
> Feedback expected and welcomed.  I expect to be modifying this until we
> release 9.4 final.  I have marked items where I need help with question
> marks.

Two rather large changes to the B-tree algorithms are missing:

* Fix race condition in B-tree page deletion (commit efada2b8)

* Make the handling of interrupted B-tree page splits more robust
(commit 40dae7ec)

These changes are not visible to users, but they are good toknow for
beta testers.

- Heikki