Re: 9.4 release notes

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/05/14 14:46, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have completed the initial version of the 9.4 release notes.  You can
> view them here:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-4.html
>
> I will be adding additional markup in the next few days.
>
> Feedback expected and welcomed.  I expect to be modifying this until we
> release 9.4 final.  I have marked items where I need help with question
> marks.

Nice work,

one comment from me would be about jsonb:

+       <listitem>
+        <para>
+         Add structured (non-text) data type (jsonb) for storing JSON
data (Oleg Bartunov,  Teodor Sigaev, Peter Geoghegan and Andrew Dunstan)
+        </para>
+
+        <para>
+         This data type allows faster indexing and access to json
keys/value pairs.
+        </para>
+       </listitem>

I think the explanation should be expanded to say that this data type
also has generic indexing not just faster indexing.

Services