Re: pg_get_viewdefs() indentation considered harmful

От Marko Tiikkaja
Тема Re: pg_get_viewdefs() indentation considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Now that we're on the topic of view deparsing, what are your thoughts on
making this less painful?

local:marko=#* create view foov as select exists(select * from foo);
CREATE VIEW
local:marko=#* \d+ foov                  View "public.foov" Column |  Type   | Modifiers | Storage | Description
View definition: SELECT (EXISTS ( SELECT foo.way,            foo.too,            foo.many,            foo.columns,
     foo.here           FROM foo)) AS "exists";

I've switched to using SELECT 1 in EXISTS for this reason, but perhaps
other people haven't yet done that..

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja