Re: Display of timestamp in pg_dump custom format

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: Display of timestamp in pg_dump custom format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/05/14 12:04, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, May  1, 2014 at 08:27:49AM +1200, Gavin Flower wrote:
>> On 01/05/14 02:51, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> The table of contents for pg_restore -l shows the time the archive was
>>> made as local time (it uses ctime()):
>>>
>>>     ; Archive created at Wed Apr 30 10:03:28 2014
>>>
>>> Is this clear enough that it is local time?  Should we display this
>>> better, perhaps with a time zone designation?
>>>
>> I think it would be good to include the time zone, as we are all
>> very international these days - and in Australia, adjacent states
>> have different dates for the summer time transition!
>>
>> Personally, I would like to see the date in the format 2014-04-30,
>> but having the day of the week is good.
>>
>> Milliseconds might be useful, if you want to check logs files.
> OK, I will work on it for 9.5.  Thanks.

So the it would then read something like:
        ; Archive created at Wed 2014-04-30 10:03:28.042 NZST

(but with the correct appropriate time zone designation)?

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Display of timestamp in pg_dump custom format
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Small doc patch for pg_replication_slots