Re: unsupportable composite type partition keys

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unsupportable composite type partition keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> writes:
> It seems to me that we currently allow expressions that are anonymous
> and self-referencing composite type records as partition key, but
> shouldn't.  Allowing them leads to this:

Hm.  Seems like the restrictions here ought to be just about the same
as on index columns, no?  That is, it should be roughly a test like
"no pseudo-types".  The check you're proposing seems awfully specific,
and I doubt that the equivalent check in CREATE INDEX looks the same.
(But I didn't go look ... I might be wrong.)