Best practice when reindexing in production

От Niels Kristian Schjødt
Тема Best practice when reindexing in production
Дата
Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Jesper Krogh <jesper@krogh.cc>)
Re: Best practice when reindexing in production  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I have a database with quite some data (millions of rows), that is heavily updated all the time. Once a day I would
liketo reindex my database (and maybe re cluster it - don't know if that's worth it yet?). I need the database to be
usablewhile doing this (both read and write). I see that there is no way to REINDEX CONCURRENTLY - So what approach
wouldyou suggest that I take on this?

Regards Niels Kristian