Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 04/23/2014 11:32 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> If no, the we hold off until we have the
>> complete set of stuff.  If so, we announce it now, and announce the
>> additional features in 9.4/10.0.
>
> Define "complete set of stuff".

Not relevant, because both you and Andres have pointed out that it's
useful *now*.

> So my description for advocacy of CE/LD is
>
> * Changeset Extraction API - high performance mechanism for reading a
> stream of changes from the database, enabling integration with other
> software servers. This is the core technology that will be built on in
> later releases to add Online Upgrades, Logical Replication and
> eventually Sharded and Massively Parallel systems. Downstream
> developers are invited to use the new API to enable deep integration
> of PostgreSQL into complex/enterprise data processing environments.
> This important new technology solidifies PostgreSQL role as database
> of choice for front line production systems that can feed data
> efficiently throughout the enterprise.

Thanks!

However ... I liked your name "Change Streaming" better.  So, "Change
Streaming API"?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Сообщение: Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4