Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24/04/14 09:26, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>>> Sorry for this. I sent a problem report to the person in charge.  In
>>> the mean time, please go to:
>>> https://www.pgecons.org/download/works_2013/ then click the link "2013
>>> 年度WG1活動報告" (sorry for not English). You should be able to
>>> download a report (PDF).
>>>
>>> Also the report is written in Japanese. I hope you can read at leat
>>> the graph in page 13 and the table in page 14.
>>>
>> Is pgecons planning to do a translation of that at some point? It looks
>> like good material, and the audience able to understand it is rather
>> limited now :)
>
> Yeah, once I proposed a translation of the documents by professional
> translators to the organization. Their decision was "no". The main
> reason was cost. The document is huge and the translation work could
> cost tremendously. So unless someone comes up for volunteering the
> translation work, the document would not be translated.

I actually started translating one of those reports on the way home
from last year's PgCon (PgEcons made a presentation there:
http://www.pgcon.org/2013/schedule/events/556.en.html ) - it was a long flight - but
didn't have any
particular incentive to finish it.

It might make a nice JPUG project for members who want to practise their
English.

Regards

Ian Barwick

-- Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services