Re: WAL archiving from a standby backup strategy Postgresql 9.3

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: WAL archiving from a standby backup strategy Postgresql 9.3
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 23/04/2014 16:37, Kal Black wrote:
> Hello
> I am trying to figure out if wal archiving from a standby is possible
> and a viable option for a backup strategy on Postgresql 9.3. The idea is
> to be able to take regular base backups and wal archives from a standby
> server in a remote DR site. Unfortunately, the archive_command
> functionality is not available while the server is in standby_mode mode
> so I am wandering if the wal archiving could be done successfully using
> alternative ways like rsync, lsyncd etc. Does anyone tried to go this
> path and eventually share his experience.

Hi there,

This list is for pgAdmin, the GUI administrative tool for PostgreSQL.
For questions such as yours, which relate to Postgres itself, you'd be
better off posting to the pgsql-general list.

Regards,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland