Re: 9.4 Proposal: Initdb creates a single table

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: 9.4 Proposal: Initdb creates a single table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/23/2014 08:11 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> We start with a database called Postgres and a schema called Public.
> Yet we don't start up with any usable tables.
>
> I propose we add a single table called Postgres when we Initdb
>
>   CREATE TABLE Postgres (Id Integer, Data Jsonb);
>   COMMENT ON TABLE Postgres IS 'Single table for quick start usage -
> design your database';
>
> The purpose of this is to make the database immediately usable.
With default access controls it still aint :(

And most of complaints I have heard are about the need of
fidgeting with pg_hba.conf to get *anything* started.

So maybe we could start with something like this at the end of initdb:

> createdb example

> psql example

sample# create table stuff(id serial primary key, data jsonb);
sample# grant all on stuff to public;

And also have the following lines in pg_hba.conf for it

local   all             all                                         trust
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32        trust
host    all             all             ::1/128                 trust

This would solve most of the frustration with starting pg development
for newcomers

Cheers
Hannu

--
Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant

От: Rohit Goyal
Сообщение: Runing DBT2 on Postgresql
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Typo in doc/src/sgml/monitoring.sgml? s/tranche/trance?