Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Perfomance degradation 9.3 (vs 9.2) for FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23/04/14 00:19, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached you can find a short (compile tested only ) patch implementing
> a 'shared_memory_type' GUC, akin to 'dynamic_shared_memory_type'. Will
> only apply to 9.4, not 9.3, but it should be easy to convert for it.

Have just tried this out (on Ubuntu 14.04 rather than Freebsd, as it is
what I happened to be running), certainly works for me (big shared
memory segment when I set it to 'sysv', only a tiny one when I use 'mmap').

The regression tests pass in both cases.

regards

Mark